PORTERS GLASS & ALUMINIUM – TRAINEE ESTIMATOR – GLASS
Are you completing High school and wondering what career path is an option for you? Do you like working methodically, drawing and working with numbers?
The building industry is booming and opportunities to learn such niche skills are rare. We offer full training and the opportunity to embark on a highly skilled career path. Porters Glass and Aluminium are looking for a motivated Junior Estimator or Graduate to join our team.
Working closely with our Senior Estimator’s, the role involves take off’s of residential house plans for windows, doors, shower screens, robes and mirror’s and major commercial projects.
Key areas of responsibility include:
• Completion of estimates including take offs and BOQ’s in a timely manner.
• Prepare Tender and Cost Analysis for review.
• Provide existing and potential clients with project estimates and quotes.
• Utilisation of our estimating software packages.
• Goal to build a career within Estimating in the building and construction industry.
• A can do attitude and strong work ethic.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Analytical and strategic thinker.
• High level of computer and maths skills.
• Ability to read plans.
• Highly organised with excellent time management skills.
What we offer:
• Excellent staff discount scheme
• Long term employment, training, and development.
• Great team environment.
• Work with a business that prides itself on high staff retention.
• Proudly locally based company with a strong family tradition
Please submit your resumes to