Porters is a large, progressive and diverse company with a number of employment opportunities across a wide range of disciplines.
At Porters, we understand our team is the ‘key to our success’ and we enthusiastically support our valuable employees. We understand that a quality lifestyle is important in any industry and we work hard to ensure our employees have the opportunity to enjoy a healthy mix of career and lifestyle. We happily work in conjunction with our employees to develop existing skills and develop career opportunities within the company.
Team members are employed under a Porters Enterprise Agreement which recognises achievement and allows flexibility.
A strong and vibrant social and welfare club operates within the company to promote cooperation and good fellowship between team members and their respective families.
Our motto, “Can Do” is a part of every aspect of our business and we actively seek employees who adopt this attitude.
We are always looking for exceptional staff to join the Porters team. Please submit your resume to:
Porters Human Resources
Mail: PO BOX 34, Mackay Q 4740
Senior Trade Sales Assistant – Mackay Trade Centre/Building Supplies
Posted 31st October 2018
Porters have a fantastic opportunity to join our fast-paced Trade Centre in Mackay as a Senior Trade Sales Assistant. You will be responsible for exceptional customer service, product knowledge, stock control and merchandising.
We envision the following skills and attitude:
- Building product knowledge
- forklift would be advantageous
- Competent computer skills with the ability to learn new applications
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service with proven sales experience and customer focus.
- Approachable, confident and energetic with a pleasant disposition and the ability to effectively deal with customer queries and/or customer complaints.
- The ability to communicate and work effectively within a sales team and demonstrate strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong initiative and the ability to prioritise tasks to maximise efficiencies.
Perhaps you have worked as a builder or in the building supplies industry and are looking for a new challenge, if so please submit your application via the options listed below
Glaziers/Fabricator Tradespeople – Porters Manufacturing
Posted 5th October 2018
In order to meet customer demands, we are seeking highly motivated, experienced and qualified Glaziers/Fabricator tradespeople to join our dedicated team, based at our purpose-built Mackay factory.
Our ideal candidates will have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Trade qualified and experienced in a diverse range of residential &/or commercial glass and aluminium products.
- Display a genuine commitment to customer service and delivering a quality product.
- Exhibit a strong work ethic with careful attention to detail.
Internal Sales Person – Trade
Posted 11th September 2018
We are looking for an individual who prides themselves on excellent customer service with experience in the construction or industrial products sales industry. A key team player that is focused on being a contributor to our success. You must be able to multitask between customer inquiries, operations and administrative tasks. You will enjoy working with a highly skilled team in a fast-paced environment. You will have great communication skills, be a genuine team player, solution focused with a ‘can do’ attitude, an eye for detail and accuracy and excellent time management skills.
If this sounds like you, please send through your resume and any enquiries to email@example.com